In all honesty, I wish I was this squirrel. Oh, I long for the outdoors. It has been since March since I have hiked. Since June since I took a scenic drive. This is a huge shift from my normal seasonal activities. I really can't leave my husband at this moment alone very long. It also very hot in my area still and the snakes in our area have been super bad. Copperheads and rattlesnakes have dominated the trails and even yards this year I have been reading and hearing.
Nothing much major going on here. Derrick is getting a little stronger every day. He is battling extreme fatigue and weakness. I do not leave him alone at all if I can help it. I only have two times, and it was very short situations. I had to make the church deposit and I had to unlock the church doors for the pest control man. But I rush back home. I find myself being super anxious when I leave him. I try to rush back. I do think he will be stronger this coming week. We have a few doctor appointments next week and then the following his oncologist appointment.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend. Oh, I wish it would feel like fall Monday!!!
With Love,
Chrissy










12 comments:
Thank God it is cooler and more comfortable here in Montreal. Stay safe and hydrated.
It's gotten much cooler here in Michigan. I had to go out today and wore my heavy jacket. Tomorrow the high is to be 66 degrees.
Glad Derrick is getting stronger and praying the appt next week goes well.
Oh my goodness. I've never seen a squirrel all stretched out like that before. Great capture.
Oh I am sure it is so tough feeling like you are cooped up inside but I am sure the weather will break soon(ish) and fall will arrive.. hopefully by then your husband will be feeling better too. I completely understand your anxiety about leaving him alone right now. Praying all the upcoming doctor appointments go as well as can be!
That squirrel is so cute! I would not want to be anywhere near any snakes...especially poisonous ones. UGH Still praying for Derrick and hugs to you. I love this time of year. Janice
I'm so glad to hear that Derrick is getting stronger, despite the fatigue. The prayers for healing continue to come. Yes, be careful out there with those snakes. My only phobia!
That squirrel has the right idea -- stretch out and wait for fall! I’m glad Derrick is getting stronger, even if it’s a slow process. Hoping the cooler mornings turn into crisp autumn days soon. Hang in there, Chrissy!
Hello, my friend. Please know that although I haven't been commenting , I did go back and read and I am praying for you all! I hope you get some cooler weather soon. We finally are here in Maryland. The heat is just exhausting. Take care and have a cozy afternoon!
Eek! To the hot weather, I hope it cools down for you soon. It sounds like staying home is probably for the best with the snakes. Sending love and hugs. I hope Derrick continues to get stronger every day.
We are in true beautiful weather here. I really do not do well with the heat or snakes. Praying for your husband and you.
Cathy
Chrissy, I'm so glad you like the squirrels more than I do. They scare me a bit, so I try to shoooo them away when they scurry on my lawn. I'm glad your husband is getting stronger each day. And so good of you to always be around for him during this time. I hope all the appts. go well next week, and may the Lord give you strength to deal with them all.
Living in the deep south is never much fun in the late summer and early fall, when other places are cooling down and we are still waiting for temps to drop below 90. It's doing that here finally, even though it's still very humid, but at least it's trying to pretend it's almost fall! And I do understand your angst in leaving Derrick for very long. I'm sure as he gets stronger and stronger you will be able to get out and do more, but your lives are in a different "season" right now that what they were even a few weeks ago. Take one day at a time and let God direct your steps. He will go with you through every new day and challenge...He's actually already there. So just trust Him in the journey. I'm continuing in prayer for you both...and your whole family. (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment