Monday, September 21, 2026

Summer Recap of Books Read, Series and Movies Watched, and Favorite Youtubers (2026)

Hello friends. I like to share the books I read for each season. These are the summer books I read for 2026. I will share my FALL TBR plans (To Be Read) hopefully soon.


 ⭐= 5

This was probably one of my favorite nonfiction Christian books this season I read. My word of the year is QUIET, and this book was so helpful and gave me so much direction. I find myself to this day slowing down and putting to practice things I read in the book. I highly recommend.



⭐= 3 in half

I always enjoy Daily Grace Bible Studies. This was good but not one of my favorites that they have published. I am glad I did it, but it is not in my top recommendations from them. 



⭐= 5

I was gifted this book from a blogger friend as a get well happy this summer. It is such a wonderful little book. I read from it every single night right after surgery. It was something I enjoyed doing each evening. There are so many wonderful sayings, quotes and poems. I will use this book for years to come. I will use some of these poems and such to encourage others in letters and cards. 



⭐= 4

I was gifted a set of these cozy mystery books with crossword puzzles after each short chapter. I enjoyed this book and I look forward to reading the rest of them that I was gifted. I loved the puzzles added in. I wish the chapters were longer and less of the puzzles. The story was good, but it was stretched out longer than needed. Overall, it was fun and neat read. 



⭐= 5

Oh, I mean can you give Agatha anything less?! Nope, not to me. This book is a collection of many of her stories in short versions. I chose a story to read each night. I loved them all but one. If you like books with a collection of short stories this needs to go on your next summer reading list. 



⭐= 5 plus

My favorite fiction book from the summer that I read. This book was recommended by several "Booktubers" (aka...youtubers that talk about books) and I added it to my list. I was not disappointed. I read this in one day. Not because it was a short read. One... I was rstuck in the bed and had nothing but TIME and Two... it was just that good. 

It is twisty, strange, mysterious, decently clean, oh my word...I truly never saw the ending. It was so complicated. I was in suspense until right at the end.



⭐= 3 in half

I truly love Susan Branch seasonal books and artwork. NORMALLY!  This book was sweet and fun. I did find many of the quotes and sayings as well as some of the poems repeated several times throughout the book. Many of the recipes were very strange. I am glad I read it but probably would not read it again. She shared several of the same recipes' multiple times in the book. It was as if she didn't have enough content for the book so she would create different artwork pages using the same recipes and quotes over and over. 



⭐= 4

I originally purchased this last fall to read for fall but stuck it somewhere when I was in a rush and forgot all about it. I did enjoy this cute, twisty and interesting book. If you like storylines with animals living real human like lives and the cozy and wonder of that then you will enjoy this book. It is a mystery book. I enjoyed it very much. It was fun yet had suspense. Sometimes you need a unique cozy read. After Mrs. England I did. :) 



⭐= 4 in half

I was given a signed copy by this wonderful youtuber/author/book shop owner from Washington. I loved this whimsical book. Here we are again with animals as the main characters. I was on a kick, I guess. This book is complicated in a good way. It has hidden lessons I feel can be taken to heart for our own lives that is sprinkled throughout. It is about a strange friendship between odd animals and the sacrifice of one for the other. It is about helping in a hurting world. It is a unique book. If unique whimsical books are your cup of tea. I would say it is probably not for everyone. You would definitely need an imagination to read this book. I would suggest reading the description to decide for yourself if this would be to your liking. If you like magical tales, animal characters, whimsical, good versus evil.... you may like it. :)  To compare... think Narnia but a little more twisty and unique. 




⭐= 3 in half

THIS WAS MY CHRISTMAS IN JULY BOOK. I am giving this book three and half stars due to the language that was sprinkled throughout. It was a good book. Nothing majorly wonderful but it was enjoyable enough. 



⭐= 5

I love every single book in this series. I haven't come across one that didn't cheer my heart, have me crying happy tears, laughing out loud, and overall, just feels clean, joyful, encouraging and lovely. Books like these are my preferred genres of reading. They are just cozy feel goods.



⭐= 4

Another youtuber author here. I have followed Jennifer L. Scott for years.and read almost all her books. I enjoyed her newest book. A book about living well at home and making the most of what you have. I felt it was a simple read and a nice reminder of things I already know. There were some good new tips and ideas but mostly pretty much similar to most Living at Home Books. I did feel some things weren't realistic for the average person who may not have a lot of money. Her budget ideas didn't seem very budget friendly for the average person in today's economy. The book was quaint and nice though. I would recommend but I would not expect nothing grand or life changing. It was still enjoyable and served some reminders that I already know and encouraged me to apply again. 



⭐= 4

I am a big Mitford Series fan and also Jan Karon. I usually always give her books a 5. Her books always make me laugh out loud, shed a tear, and give me that "I do not want to put down the book feeling." I love following along with the life of the characters throughout this series. I will say this book shifted and felt a little discombobulated with the characters compared to past books. Random shifts from character to character in the middle of the story line and it was confusing at times I had to go back and see if I missed a page or something. This is also the first book she would have a bible verse and talking all things wholesome and the next page have an inappropriate word. There was also some strange humor throughout that I have never read before in her usually wholesome books. I will try a few more books of hers but if they are changed to this style, I am not sure I would continue to read her newest writings. I love her older books.



I didn't watch many movies this summer nor a lot of series. I would like to share the ones that I feel are worth sharing. 



We watched the reboot of the Little House on the Prairie. It was good. I did have a hard time with the actors because I didn't feel any of them matched the original actors. Well, Mr. Edwards was the only actor that seemed authentic and true to part. I didn't like how they did some things. It was a little to modernized. It was worth the watch, but I would not call it Little House on the Prairie. LOL!



Oh, this was such a wonderful and heart wrenching movie. Minus the few words I do not prefer..... this movie was excellent. I cried so much and my heart was so happy and yet sad. As you can tell I am not a fan of curse words by this point. I think they are pointless. I usually will turn a movie off if they have vulgar language or a lot of inappropriate language. I am truly not a fan. I will warn this does have a few words but overall this was a fantastic movie. 



Oh, I loved this series. Incredibly clean, decent, sweet and over all this is my kind of show!!!!




I have been watching this series for years. Clean, decent and always wonderful mysteries without gore and inappropriate things. I just love this series. 

Well, that is all my books, series and movies I watched this summer as time allowed. 
Overall, I am extremely pleased with my books that I read. 


A couple of my favorite youtubers that I have came across this summer. I had a lot of time on my hands as you all know due to surgery. So, I read more books, watched more series and YouTube than the average past summers. 

Favorite Youtubers...

 Davee Kilian - YouTube a Christian stay at home homemaker with a focus on Small Home Living
Morgan Long - YouTube a sweet gal that posts seasonal ideas, books and a focus on finding joy in the ordinary moments. HER CHANNEL SPEAKS COZY!!!
Amber Wanders - YouTube a young lady that shares her adventures as a beginner solo car camping, solo hiking, and solo backpacking. 
Jonna Jinton - YouTube a Swedish gal that is an artist. From stories and glimpses of her everyday life to music, painting, ice baths, nature and inspirational films and much more.
Jen's Reading Life - YouTube I love watching her book reviews and her suggestions. 
Chase Your Wild w/ Torey - YouTube an older woman learning to camp, hike and explore in her "later life" on her own. 
Krysta Norwick - YouTube outdoor adventure gal
Miranda Mills - YouTube one of my favorite book reviewers 
Terri’s Travels - YouTube a new widower learning to explore parks and beginner van camper in her later years. 



Did you read any great books this past summer? Any movies or series you watched?


I would love to read about your books, shows and etc. share in the comments!

With Love,

Chrissy T



No comments: