Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Happy Fall! Summer 2026 Favorite Moments

Hello friends! This post of summer memories will look very different compared to last year's memories post. Last summer was filled with adventure and this one is more low key. 

Check out last year's Hello Fall! Summer 2025 post here.

I am sharing some of my favorite moments from the summer season as I close the door to one season and open the door to another season. 



Kicked off the summer season with a fun family fourth of July gathering.




Lots of fresh flowers were in our home this summer. From all the get well wishes from my surgery, birthday gifts and just weekly bouquets, our home was filled with so many beautiful flowers all the summer season.



My first outing after my 6 weeks at home recovery. Tea with my friend at a local tearoom. It was such a lovely, refreshing day.


Simple nature walks at our library nature walk. I have had a lot of these here and there. It calms that itch to be hiking in the forest or mountains. I haven't been in about 3 weeks. I am ready to take a little stroll. Hopefully this coming week if the husband is steadier on his feet.




Hannah and I had a neat unique pedicure this summer. We like going a few times a year together.






My husband and I received an invitation from the mayor to attend his annual prayer breakfast for our area. It was a nice event, and we were grateful for the invitation.


We had a fun ladies event this summer. We met at a local pizza parlor, and it was such a nice and relaxing evening. 



 
Attending our daughter's surprise engagement is a special memory for sure. 





The day of the surprise engagement my husband and I spent time enjoying the beach until the time of the engagement. We enjoyed breakfast looking at the beach as well.



We had to ride a ferry to the island that they were getting engaged at. That was a neat experience. I got this picture of the hubby! :) It was nice but windy day!




After the ferry ride, we had to hide on the island until Clayton told us to come so we found a park to sit and relax at. There wasn't much on the island, so we just walked around this park and then napped in the car in the shade. We had a long weekend. :) 


Hannah and I are apparently in our self-care beauty era! LOL! We tried a head spa for the first time. It was amazing. Our hair was so soft and felt so good afterwards. 

You all... I am using on a trail covered in mud, dirt and sweat. I had to be creative this year because I cannot hike much right now. So, I have been converted to spa fun. LOL! FOR NOW!!! In all honesty, our daughter is FULL ON GIRL... all things pink, spa, shopping and fun. I love this about her and so to spend time with her I tag along with her ideas. :) 



We celebrated Labor Day on Sunday this year with a family cookout right before Derrick's surgery to remove his tumor. This was two days before. We had a lovely day of food and laughter. Our youngest son was not able to be with us at that time but came later.


This last picture wraps up this summer well. I have spent a lot of time reading and resting. Lots of cozy moments this summer compared to the last few. To compare this summer to previous ones I would say it has been one I like I have never had before. It was different. Not bad, just different. It was hard but also joyful. It was challenging but yet eye opening and lots of lessons have been learned. I think this picture is perfect to wrap up my memories. In this picture I am reading, listening to quiet soft jazz and embracing the moment. As we enter this autumn, I am sure there will be more days like this.


Thanks for joining me as I reminisce about summer and move on into the new season. As always LIFE IS ONE SEASON TO THE NEXT!

With Love,

Chrissy T

No comments: