Sunday, July 26, 2026

It's Just a Southern Thing ~ No Photo for Photo Challenge

Hello friends! I thought I would do something fun & different today. As many of you know I am from the south (Mississippi, USA) I was born in Alabama and I have lived in various southern states in my childhood from Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi and spent many summers from May to September in Texas and north Floridia/Georgia area. As most know we have our own language a lot of times. I do know when to be elegant and speak proper (y'all my mama and granny taught me right) and I do not use much of my "southern slang" on my blog. BUT.... you can bet your bottom dollar I do use slang and sound every bit as southern strong accented as expected. In person I will say very strange sayings, most words that end in "G" I leave that letter off and I end at the "N"... Y'all, it is just the way! 😆 And yes..... I say Y'all all the time.... daily, weekly, and I catch myself a lot of times trying not to greet you all on my blog with it. 



This is a TRUE FACT! We do not just say goodbye to people. Saying goodbye is a process in my family. We will stand in the yard and wave and talk more and shout goodbyes and then when the car windows roll down, we still wave and yell bye until they are almost down the road AND then we will call them a few minutes later to check in. SERIOUSLY! This is the way! You should see my family at any holiday gathering. It is hilarious. We have seen others doing the same thing in the neighborhood. I will say it is not as common as it was growing up though nowadays. FOR US IT STILL IS!



While I do not treat football as a religion nor do I super care for it this list above is hands down accurate. 



My granny said these things, my mama says these things and sure enough I do still to this day. When I lived in Illinois for 15 years people would say to me all the time, "you sure have your own language." I giggle now thinking about it. They probably did think I was strange. HAHA! Oh, well. My kids thought it was weird growing up because nobody else in Illinois sounded or said these sayings but then when we moved back to the south and they were around family they realized how deeply ingrained it is and now some things they say. EXCEPT for our oldest. HE IS TRULY midwestern sounding and lived the longest there and he still looks at me strange when I say things. LOL!


AND yes..... I have heard almost all of these sayings and say some myself. All except the last two! LOL!

I am not doing the photo challenge theme today because it did not interest me to be honest it was 9 o'clock. Yeah, skip! Tomorrow is cloud so I will jump back in tomorrow. AGAIN, I did not create that list. Although, the one that I will put out for September I did create. 

Before we wrap up this different and strange post 😆 I want to do this fun thing below!! 


First row- I got a 10 (Yes, I have had frog legs)

Second row- I got a 9

Third row- I got 8

Total- 27 so I am Sho'nuff Southern! 😆

Have a super day!!

Chrissy T

No comments:

Weekend Recap- Seasons of Late Nights

 Happy Sunday!!!  This season is so unique. I am watching my children become young adults and use their talents and skills. My daughter star...