Saturday, July 25, 2026

A New Path ~ First Date Night Outing ~ Menu for Next Week ~ Far Away Photo for Photo Challenge

Hello everyone! Happy Saturday~ or whatever day this finds you! Let's start with last night! I got to go out and have dinner with my husband for the first time in 5 weeks. Woohooo!!! We went to a pizza place which we usually order from and pick up and take home but we decided to go inside. We had a children spaghetti each and these cheesy bread sticks. It was nice to get out. We laughed and enjoyed ourselves. It has been some stressful months for us both. It was a nice time. We then went driving around in some neighborhoods we are interested in looking into for possible future relocation. We aren't in any rush! Like years if it is the Lord's will or not at all if that His will as well. We do like our house but we have some personal safety concerns as our neighborhood has been changing after Covid and we have seen some saddening things. This is a topic for another time. Back to the date night.



We did not realize that our kid spaghettis came with a large piece of garlic bread so we only ate about one of these and took the rest home for lunch today. It was good and I will have yummy lunch later. 


On our drive we saw this beautiful shady small walking path and while I would not go to this regularly, I decided to go visit it today for a short walk and to take my daily photo for the photo challenge.

It was ABSOLUTELY refreshing to walk a different easy shaded path and listen to this incredible fountain going. 

My photo for the day... The Theme today is FAR AWAY! 




Oh, how nice this little path is!!!! It was everything this nature lover needed today! It was a Mood Boost for sure!!!

Here are some more photos of my walk. I "strolled" about 15 minutes.


I love birdhouses!!! I have some put haven't gotten around to put them up! Must do when I am better. 












 I love cypress trees! They are just so wonderful to me. I enjoy going on boardwalks down in our area because they are surrounded by cypress trees and they never cease to amaze me. 



In other news.... I am back to cooking more. Last week's menu went as planned and it was so nice to have simple and good homecooked meals again. We were tired of sandwiches, take out and frozen meals as I have been recovering. I am super grateful for it all, but I am glad there is a little more normalcy with our meals. 


Derrick (the hubby) still has to shop, unload and put things up all by himself or if one of the guys is home they help. I am still not able to lift over 10 pounds. I do help put away simple things. In the normal routine of my life, I do this all by myself always and usually Mondays, but that doesn't work for my husband with his schedule. He has to shop on Saturdays, and it is so busy and he also does elderly visits and outreach on Saturdays. So, I decided to utilize delivery or pick up the last two weeks. Delivery has been a terrible experience. We never get all of our items and they don't take time to find substitutions so if I need an ingredient for a meal and they don't bring then it is a hot mess. 


So, today we are trying grocery pick up. We do not do this ever because to be honest I like picking my own food out and I like interacting with people. I just know this route will be easier on my husband. He has been doing all the shopping but now that I am cooking actual meals it gets a little more complicated then just picking up basics. 


So, I have been planning my menu for the following week on Fridays and then place the order to be delivered (now we are trying pick up) and ready on Saturdays. Here is this coming week menu...


I am going to wrap this post up... but before I go, I finished my nostalgic Strawberry Shortcake and Friends puzzle!






It turned out so cute! So, far I have done four puzzles since May. I have one more summer puzzle that I will start today. After that I will be putting the puzzle board up until the Fall. I don't like to overdo it because I get bored with them and stop for long periods. So, when I sense I am heading that way I take a break. 


I hope you all have a great weekend!

With Love, 

Chrissy



No comments:

Weekend Recap- Seasons of Late Nights

 Happy Sunday!!!  This season is so unique. I am watching my children become young adults and use their talents and skills. My daughter star...