Thursday, August 4, 2022

~Thursday~ RAIN & Fall Candles~

 Good day my friends! I have been busier than normal the last few days. I can't believe our daughter is about to head to Brazil next Friday. BRAZIL at 17! I am beginning to get a tad nervous. :) The Lord opened the door for her to go so I know she will be okay. I am more nervous about her getting to her flights and dealing with airport hassle. 

Today was spent running errands. We have a church conference next week and she heads out at the end of the conference, so we have to take care of a lot beforehand. We got small toys for her to pass out to the children such as little cars, little ponies, jump ropes, and some art things. We had to make all kinds of copies of her passport and other documents. It is crunch time, those last minute things.

It has FINALLY RAINED praise the LORD! Our grass and flowers were enjoying every bit of it, I tell you! I took a pic of it from my front door!



I took advantage of a Bath & Body Works sale on their large three wick candles a few weeks ago. I stocked up on my fall scents; I didn't want to buy summer.  I couldn't help light one up and let it burn for a few minutes. My husband thought it was funny and said that I was making the temperature cooler. We both know that wasn't true as we laughed. Hahaha!!! :) 



The candle really did smell good but I only let it burn about 5 minutes. I just wanted to see what it smelled like. For some reason as much as I am getting ready for the heat to go away I am not really ready for summer to end. 


HAVE YOU GOT ANY FALL CANDLES OR THINGS OUT??? I usually decorate after Labor Day or September 15th. What about you??


Loves and hugs!

 Embrace each season, 

Chrissy T

4 comments:

  1. I'm in denial that fall is coming! I want to push off school also. What can I say, I'm loving the lazy days of summer. Now, the heat and humidity could take a hike!

    It rained today and it was wonderful. It's been a dry, dry summer. I think we might even get rain again tomorrow. Much needed.

    Can't wait to hear all about Hannah's trip. What an experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendi,
      I totally get you about school and summer days. I am really not feeling it this year. LOL! I think because it is my 17th year of schooling and I am just getting tired. LOLOLOL!!!

      Delete
  2. I always feel a little sad when summer finally comes to an end, although I have learned to love autumn these days. I need to buy some new candles this year, so I will have to look out for some very soon.
    What a wonderful experience your daughter will have. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rainy days in the summer! Have a blessed week..

    ReplyDelete

Weekend Recap- Seasons of Late Nights

 Happy Sunday!!!  This season is so unique. I am watching my children become young adults and use their talents and skills. My daughter star...