Friday, July 29, 2022

Friday~ Lunch Outing & Tackling LOTS

Happy Friday!!! I am so glad to have you pop in and visit my little blog. I already question if what I have been sharing is of interest to anyone so I am very thankful for those that have already visited me and commented and gave me a shout out on their own blog. Thank you!!! 

School is about to start for us (we homeschool) in a little under three weeks. My husband thinks I need to hold off and wait until Hannah returns (our senior) from Brazil from her missions trip. I have plans to start Kyle (9th grader) on the 15th and then she will start on the 29th. I am still debating because he has a full year and she has worked hard to make her Senior light so she can afford the delay. I may not start all subjects with him at once. I am still in prayer about it and trying to decide the best plan. I am preparing as if I am starting August 15th though at this time. 

I try to get out and have any lunch dates, coffee dates, or major appointments I need to have before school starts. It can get a little harder for me to visit with friends or invest in ladies at the church when I am schooling. Even though my kids are older I still have to be available for them because of some learning issues they deal with. 

My friend (Tammy) and I went and enjoyed a nice lunch at a local area outdoor mall. They have fresh delish Chinese food that is affordable. We then went used some coupons for Bath & Body Works and I got some free body spray that smells amazing called Poppy. IT WAS HOT though walking to the stores. 



I have a lot of things I need to do and so my brain feels a little all over. When this happens I need to make a master to do (brain dump) and then I try to tackle a little every day. I have school planning, housework, preparing Hannah for her trip, church things, and errands. 


How do you handle a lot of projects, to do's, and demands? What are some your favorite tips on how you organize and tackle a big lists? I would love to hear!!! 


Blessings in EVERY SEASON,

Chrissy T

8 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissy. Sounds like you have your plate full with home schooling. I applaud you. I am public school teacher and I truly think that home schooling is, in many cases, the best option. May God bless you in that effort. Glad to hear that you were able to get together with a friend for lunch and shopping this past week. Moms need that. I hope you have a good weekend and that all goes well. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I commend YOU for being a public school teacher. I know you all face many challenges. Especially if you are Christian. You have a lovely weekend too!

      Delete
  2. Hello! Yes. I know exactly what you mean! I feel the same this time of year. I have homeschooling to plan, and the house to keep up. I like to keep a master list next to my spot on the couch, and then I put the individual things I want to accomplish each day in my planner. Sometimes they get crossed off. Sometimes they don't!!! Have a cozy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billie Jo,
      I just wrote my big BRAIN DUMP today and I have been crossing off little things but all I want to do is summer mode chill. LOL!!!

      Delete
  3. I homeschooled our two children as well. I did figure out what they liked to study. Math was different as they were 4 years different but we worked on history and science together. I read stories to them as well when they were young. Devotions as well. I try to keep up with decluttering as there's too much stuff I need to get rid of. Most things are donated or recycled. It's been hot for a few days but it's getting cooler this week! Have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful! I love it. Thank you for sharing what you did. I did and do some of the same things as well. :)

      Delete
  4. Hello dear Chrissy!
    I hope you're able to pack in all you want to before school starts. 😊 This summer is flying so quickly. My daughter starts in just a couple weeks too. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I'm with you that one day at a time and prayer get me through those overwhelming times. Prayers for your kiddos to have an amazing school year ahead! And for the rest of your week to be a really fun one. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carrie!! It is a lot sometimes. I am for sure praying through this process. I often feel like I am never doing enough or dropping the ball somewhere. LOL!

      Delete

Weekend Recap- Seasons of Late Nights

 Happy Sunday!!!  This season is so unique. I am watching my children become young adults and use their talents and skills. My daughter star...