Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Life Update

Hello friends. I wanted to pop in and update this sweet space and my friends if any of you are still visiting. Derrick's surgery was more complicated than we thought. What was supposed to be a 3–4-hour surgery was 6 hours followed by an hour of recovery and almost a week stay in the hospital due not being able to get his pain under control or strength. He had some cardiac issues during recovery right after surgery so lots of monitoring needed to be done. All that has somewhat leveled out thankfully as of now. 



Derrick needs full-time care at the moment on the most part. But daily he is getting better. I have been caring for him around the clock. It has been super hard, but I would have it no other way. I am typing this and still in shock what curve ball we were thrown three weeks ago to the day. I am trying to be brave. I am trying to hold it all together but there are moments I just want to cry and cry. So, I do. After I ugly cry.... I clean up, lean on Jesus, and move forward. There is no other way really.



I hope to make my rounds to visit you all one day. I am so sorry for my lack of visiting and posting. It just really isn't possible much. 


So, where do we go through from here? Well, he had the surgery for removal of tumor and lymph nodes. We meet the surgeon to follow up next week and then on the 28th the oncologist to discuss next steps. Continued prayers are appreciated. 


I hope to pop in a little more now that I am home and getting a "new" rhythm to my days.


With Love, 

Chrissy T

9 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh Chrissy, I am so glad you wrote. I've been thinking of you and Derrick and praying for you both. I know this has to be a very difficult time for you, but I know that you are not alone, and that God is carrying you through each moment of every day. Praying that Derrick will begin to feel some better soon, and then I imagine there will be some treatments in the future, but take it one step at a time, one day at a time. God will provide all that you need for each new day. Please be sure to take care of yourself as much as possible, and let others carry some of the load so that you can rest. The caregiver needs to be able to be refreshed so that you can continue on in your role. Don't turn away help...but maybe delegate what others can do for you that will help the most. May God give you strength and may you begin to see that beautiful light at the end of the tunnel as each day progresses. (((HUGS))) and many prayers.

Tara said...

Thank you for the update Chrissy. I've been thinking about you. I am so sorry that you have to care for your husband while you are still not 100%. But love will bring you through. I love your positive and truthful attitude. Cry and then lean on Jesus. I will continue to keep you and your family in my daily prayers. Love, Tara

Mari said...

Oh Chrissy, don't even worry about visiting us right now. Thanks for the update, prayers continue!

Wendi said...

I'm happy to see an update. You all have been on my mind, and certaintly in my prayers!

I think I can speak for most... visit if you need a mental break, but don't feel obligated. You have a lot on your plate, friend!

Kim said...

Chrissy, my prayers are with you and if you need to cry, cry. You need every outlet that brings you some relief right now...and please do not think about visiting, you have your hands full. Big hugs my friend...

Kim Carberry said...

Sending lots of love to Derrick and you! It sounds like he has been through a rough time, I hope he is recovering well now.
Don't worry about visiting other blogs, Derrick has to come first! Sending hugs!

Jeanie said...

Of course the prayers still continue. You must take care. Please be sure to ask friends or congregation members for assistance or respite time. I appreciate the update and please don't worry about visiting.

photowannabe said...

As others have said .. don't worry about reading our blogs. We are here for you and my prayers continue for Derrick and for you too.
Cry and lean on Jesus !!! That's the only way to go through this time.
(((hugs)))
Sue

Julie said...

I have come looking for your posts Chrissie as blogger is not updating recent posts. I am pleased to read an update on your dear husband. Sending many prayers to you both for a good recovery & treatment programme. It sounds like they are getting on to things very quickly = not so in this country where waiting lists are so long. Take care dear Chrissie. xx

Weekend Recap- Seasons of Late Nights

 Happy Sunday!!!  This season is so unique. I am watching my children become young adults and use their talents and skills. My daughter star...