Thursday, August 6, 2026

Finally, Some Rain ~ Weekly This and That

Hello friends. We finally got some much needed rain in our area today!! Oh, it was so lovely. These 100 plus degree weeks have about killed most things. All my plants look a little shabby, but it is about 96 degrees at 9 in the morning in our area and then all the way until 8:00 at night it is in the high 80's still. The grass was getting several "crispy" spots. 





I actually took a nap during the rain. It was so nice!! This picture is looking out of my front door.  I have been getting up early this past week and attending water aerobics and walking laps in the pool at the gym. It has been tiring but a good starting place to rebuild strength safely and slowly after surgery. I have been taking my evening walks as well. It is simply too hot in the morning here to walk. 

I have been a little quiet here on my blog this week. Well, I posted the tea experience from last week and some quotes I have been pondering. As far as anything really fascinating to post about here there really hasn't been. I am trying to get back into a rhythm of sorts since I was released from surgery on the most part last week. 

I have to say I feel all of kilter when it comes to my daily routine and rhythms because I have been off and down with my health since the spring. Things have changed and even "some" roles I served in at church have been taken off my plate (thankfully) and now I feel like I am trying to find my footing. I have been doing a lot of praying and listening about THIS NEW STRANGE SEASON in my life. 


Anyway.... here is a little of THIS AND THAT from this week....

I have been cooking a lot and really enjoying it. I have been sharing our menu on Saturdays here.


I made my homemade sloppy joes that my family loves. I do not cook them as often anymore since the kids are all grown but when we do family dinner night or on occasion or if I need a quick meal this is a go to. 


I have personally started back on Weight Watchers again to reset myself after all my health issues. I started last week after my doctor gave me the go ahead. I have done WW for years and it is always a good thing for me when I need to reset or a jumpstart to kick things back in gear. I eat very low points during the day and then enjoy a portion-controlled dinner with my family. I don't really cook anything different for myself. I enjoy cooking and eating with my husband and family.  

This apple was delicious today! I am allergic to nuts, so I drizzled a little sunflower butter and sugar free dark chocolate chips melted on top. This was a fun and filling lunch/snack for me. 

I actually ate a later breakfast of eggs and blueberries after swim class and really wasn't hungry for lunch so I had the drizzled apple around 3 for snack/lunch. 





My daughter and I met for our bi-monthly pedicure date! We enjoyed it. It was nice to catch up and chat!!!


Monday, I took a little visit to the library to donate some books and a puzzle to the puzzle exchange. They have a nice simple nature trail. I took a little walk and had a grilled chicken sandwich and relaxed under the trees in my car.

I love doing simple little things like this to break up the ho-hum and monotony of the days. Although, I am thankful for mundane days. There is still purpose, beauty and blessing in the monotony of life. 







I hope you all have a wonderful end of your week and weekend ahead. I will hopefully pop back in on Saturday to share my menu! I am going to be taking a slower approach with blogging this month as I am getting back into the swing of daily life, but I will be around. :) 

Blessings,

Chrissy T

No comments:

Weekend Recap- Seasons of Late Nights

 Happy Sunday!!!  This season is so unique. I am watching my children become young adults and use their talents and skills. My daughter star...