Hello everyone. Today I am sharing my items for Mrs. Patsi's $5 dollar pantry challenge on Mondays. Please check out the information here if you are interested and how this challenge works.
We are to spend $5 on items that we ACTUALLY use and would like to stock up on. The cost should be no more than $5 (not including tax) AND it should be separate purchases from our main grocery hauls. These purchases are to be intentional in stocking your pantry and separate from your weekly meal plan. Also, they cannot be items from your personal garden. It has to be things you actually purchase.
I am looking ahead to fall for my stock up purchases. So, I am looking for items we use a lot in the fall/winter months.
I chose to grab cream soups because in the fall I make a lot of recipes and dishes that call for cream of soups. I like to keep them on hand for the fall and upcoming holidays. I understand a lot may not like using them, but it works for our family. I got them for 1.00 each. I could have gotten them for .89 each for the regular cream of soups, but I like to use lower sodium or less fat ones which cost a little more. These are still less than the name brands and taste similar.
Today's theme for the photo challenge is CLOUDS. To be honest, we had very little clouds in our sky today. We have all blue skies mainly and 100 weather and a SEVERE HEAT ADVISORY WARNING. I did capture these though on my morning walk.
We are almost complete with photo challenge! Thank you for those that have joined in so far. I have been having a hard time blogging and reading all the blogs I follow but I am trying to keep up. I just may not make it daily as I usually do. BUT please know I will stop by your blogs!!! :)
I am still having major updating issues with blogs. Most of the blogs I read are not updating still in my reading list. So, I have to be so intentional to check. I can name about 10 blogs that do not update. It is a tad frustrating. I hate missing posts and I am sorry if I haven't popped by in a bit. I am going to try to better about checking blogs even if I do not see updates of new posts.
Blessings,
Chrissy T













10 comments:
I love the clouds! Can you believe it is almost the end of July?!
I'm having the same issues with the blog feeds too. I think it is pretty common problem lately. I'm enjoying the challenge!! I. have tomorrows picture all ready. :)
I like to stock up on them when they go on sale too.
Pretty clouds!
this pantry challenge sounds like a good idea!! that's a pretty picture of the clouds...i am always looking up to see their different patterns!!
Beautiful cloud photo, Chrissy! We don't have Kroger's here in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I don't think there are any in any province here in Canada...at least not that I know of.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Pretty cloud photo!
I think you had the same clouds and weather pattern that we had yesterday. I haven't posted my cloud picture yet, but will try to today along with something BLUE. Your soups are a good idea to stock in your pantry. I quit using them because they contain MSG, but I do keep chicken broth and beef broth on hand and use them a lot to make gravy and sauces or cook rice in them. I get the lower sodium ones.
I have really enjoyed the photo challenge this month, and hope you will do it again! It gives me a good challenge to go out and look for something specific. I hope you are feeling better each day! God bless you dear friend. I am behind in reading, so need to go back a couple of days. Bye for now.
I need to stock up too. Glad you did a bit. Love your cloud pic too! Janice
I do love to have tins of soup in the cupboard, especially cream of chicken ones as they do go into so many recipes.
I love the cloud photo too. This time of year we don't get too many cloudy opportunities.
When we got a monetary gift a few days ago it allowed us to fill our pantry again. We were so DOWN that it will get us by for quite a few weeks. I did buy cream of chicken and Golden mushroom soup for future "fixens".
I love the Photo a day and will try to continue to do it. I used to do ABC Wednesday which was the same idea. Each Wednesday was the next letter of the alphabet. It really gave the brain and the camera a workout. I loved how it made me really look at things.
take care ...
Sue
Post a Comment