Happy Sunday! I hope everyone has had a good weekend. Well, I was BLESSED yesterday (Saturday)! Not ONCE but TWICE I had two friends pop by at different times to deliver me treats! I had no expectations of either.
First, I had a friend text me a picture of her homemade rolls that she made for the first time and said some were heading my way!! Within a few minutes she was at my door with warm rolls and honey cinnamon butter. Oh, and DELICIOUS THEY WERE!!!
Then hours later around 7:30 p.m. I had a friend text me and said she was sorry it was late, but she made me a Pineapple Side Down Cake and wanted to drop it by! I was like... ABSOLUTELY. It was so good.
Neither of these friends are connected. I knew this was a truly a blessing from above. A little hug sent by the Lord using two wonderful ladies to shower love on me. I haven't seen anyone other than my family since the first week of surgery. In other words, in almost 22 days, I have seen no other person than my hubby and kids. I am thankful for both of them thinking of me and for a hug from both. Now, my waistline may not be feel so blessed! :) Kidding!
Welllll.... I did a thing! HAHA! I came across this puzzle on Pinterest, and I literally knew that I had to have this puzzle. I grew up in the era of Strawberry Shortcake. My entire room was decorated, had clothes with her on it, books, toys, dolls and owned every single VHS tape known to man that was related to her. I have this huge love for this era. Call it Nostalgic Fun but nothing can beat this puzzle! I knew I had to do it. Childish as it may seem...... I like to stay young at heart!! I am currently working on a puzzle but as soon as it is done (which will be soon because I am excited to do this puzzle) I will be working on this!
On to the Daily Photo Challenge! Today's theme is BLACK & WHITE. I chose to share a beautiful special piece of wall art and a little decor piece I have.
First, I want to share this wall art that was given to me by our oldest son on Mother's Day 2018 and also it was the day before he was also going to graduate. This was one of the sweetest gifts he had ever given me. He isn't really a sentimental person nor a big gift giver so when he wrapped it and gave it to me it was such a sweet moment and touched my heart so much!
It hangs in my bedroom and I see it daily! I will be honest I often need to look at this as a reminder how they truly feel about me. I am thankful for this gift!!
Then this past spring our daughter surprised me with this cute home decor. I used to sing this song to her for bedtime all the way until she was a teen. I often send her the saying by text at times.
There ya go! There are my Black & White photos for the day! I am excited to announce that I have created a September Photo Challenge. I have it all planned out and designed. I will be sharing that it in Mid-August if you would like to participate.
Until next time,
Chrissy T



















18 comments:
Those rolls look so very good! What sweet friends and treats.
I love your signs and the fact that they came from your kids makes them all the better.
I know you'll enjoy the puzzle!
Hey Mari!! So good to see you pop in!! I am glad you are doing well!! Or at least I hope you are. :) Yes, they were so good!!!! It was a blessing!!
the rolls look delicious, there are so many things you could do with those. what a sweet neighbor you have. i would eat them with them with the honey, cinnamon, butter.TTT
I love your black and white photos, very special to you. I also love that your friends dropped in unexpectedly with goodies for you, God knows just what we need and when we need it :) I'm also looking forward to your September photo challenge - good for you, thank you.
Hello Chrissy, happy to meet you. I love that puzzle. Our kids, along with their cousins lived in the Strawberry Shortcake era! I do love a good photo challenge and I'll see if I can play along in September. Hope you recover and are tip top soon!
Oh Chrissy, I love that "you are my sunshine" plaque. I used to sing that to my kids when they were little. Those cinnamon rolls with cinnamon butter! What a thoughtful gift. And the pineapple upside down cake looks Yummy too. It will be fun for you to put together the Strawberry Shortcake puzzle. And lastly, the "childhood" quote is very special. Have a good July week, Chrissy.
i read this yesterday, i thought i left a comment. perhaps i got distracted and did not. you have very nice friends...the homemade rolls would be good with anything but the honey, cinnamon butter sounds devine!! when i was younger, pineapple upside cake was my moms go to, i always love it. i remember strawberry shortcake too and i really enjoy puzzles!!
I loved Strawberry Shortcake too, especially the fragrances. My boys even liked them.
Isn't it wonderful when those special treats and thoughtfulness come our way. We have gotten several phone calls out of the blue from friends that are too far to visit now. They just warmed our hearts and yummm on the biscuits and cake. Love in your Tummy !!
Love doing the Photo a Day though many of mine are from my archives. Fun to maybe do some play on words to fit the challenge.
Take care and keep on healing.
Sue
What wonderful and thoughtful friends to pop in with those goodies.
You are blessed that your kids feels that way about you.
What wonderful friends you have! Those rolls look so good and yum to that cake!
That Strawberry Shortcake is just adorable and that is a beautiful gift from your son!
:) They were super tasty!
Thank you so much!!!!!
Hi Ellen!!! So glad to have you visit! Thank you for coming by and commenting! :) Thank you!
Thank you so much my friend!
Oh they were divine!
Thank you, Sue! It was such an encouraging boost for me when they popped in!
Thank you so much! I do have times I wonder if they still do! But I just look at the sign and tell the devil to be quiet! LOL!
Thank you! I am blessed!
Post a Comment