Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Litte Things

 Little things... during these times little things are such a helpful boost to my soul.



My new fall wreath was delivered. It was time to update our fall wreath. This brought a smile. :) 




A little chocolate always gives me a smile!


A beautiful much needed rain! 



 A new book from London signed by the author! :) Perfect for these days when I have a little moment. I just read a little daily.


A yummy simple grill cheese with salt & vinegar chips. Our current fancy dinnerware (ahem... paper plate) has been a little thing that has been a big help during this time of life. 


Seeing my husband get out of bed and finally feel a little better to eat a little lunch with me is a big thing which may seem little to most was such a blessing. 



I hope you all are having a lovely week. Embrace and appreciate the little things in life. Sometimes those little things seem like a lovely grand thing in reality.

With Love, 

Chrissy



15 comments:

Joanne said...

That new wreath is lovely! Glad to hear your husband is feeling better and is up and about.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

OH how wonderful! Seeing your husband sitting up and smiling and eating a little lunch with you is truly a big thing, and I am so happy that in some ways, life is starting to look a little more norman. I know you still have a long way to go, but yes, it's the little things that we appreciate and thank the Lord for! That grilled cheese sandwich really looks good!! And your fall wreath is beautiful!! I know that picked up your spirits, to be able to decorate a little bit. Thank you for popping in to let us know how you are doing. You are both very much in my prayers still. (((HUGS)))

Mari said...

I'm glad you are finding joy in these things. Good to see your hubby up.

Kim Carberry said...

Your new wreath is beautiful and yes to the chocolate. That always brings a smile to my face. How great to see Derrick up and about. Sending love and hugs!

Jeanie said...

That wreath is a beauty. Equally beautiful is that gentle smile on your husband's face. The next step forward. Cherish.

photowannabe said...

Oh yes, it definitely is the little things that make my day.
Love your wreath and that grilled cheese sandwich with salt and vinegar chips (my favorite) makes everything seem right with the world.
Praise the Lord for your Hubby getting up and eating with you. How wonderful !!
Prayers continuing.
Sue

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love this and all the blessings you see around you...even in trying times. Happy to see your Hubby doing better! That wreath is so beautiful. And nothing better than a good old grilled cheese. :) Big hugs to you and blessings to you folks. Have a great weekend ahead. xoox

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Sometimes it's the little things that are the biggest things and mean the most.
Glad your husband is on the mend.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your wreath is beautiful and so Fall looking. I just bought some of those Hershey's Nuggets. Aren't they Yummy? Grilled cheese sandwiches and chips are always a good treat. It's so nice that your husband is feeling better. That is, indeed, a blessing.

Yes, Chrissy, the little things can really brighten out days, and sometimes they come to us with the most delightful surprises. Thinking of you during this difficult time.

Wendi said...

I love that you're finding joy in the ordinary!

Prims By The Water said...

Knowing these little things have brightened your day made me smile. Still praying for Derrick and hugs to you. Janice

HappyK said...

A lovely new wreath and yes those little things mean so much.
Glad Derrick is doing a bit better now.

Debbie said...

it always is the little things because one day when we look back we will realize they were actually the big things!! pretty wreath, i love the colors. and we LOVE grilled cheese, just as you pictured it!!

terricheney said...

Indeed! I agree it is wonderful to see your husband up and looking so well. I am glad that he is able to sit up at least for a bit each day. And I do understand your anxiety about leaving him.
I keep you both in my prayers and am glad to see such a positive update.

Kim said...

Love the wreath! Off to Michael's to pick up a similar one today. I'm sure it makes you happy to see Derrick up and around! You guys are in my thoughts!