Hello friends. I hope you had a lovely weekend. I enjoyed a nice "slowish" weekend. From nice walks, a little getting out, lovely church time, a special time with our daughter after church, and fellowship with some ladies from church.
Saturday my husband and I had our date day, we took a ride to a shoe store for some shoes he needed. We then did our grocery pick up. I took a lovely evening walk, visited some blogs, and got ready for bed.
Sunday was a sweet day. Church service was so lovely, and we had such a wonderful message on contentment. I had prayed before church for a fresh reminder and encouragement over the season I am in. The message was right on time. Our daughter joined my husband and I for a lunch at Panera Bread Co. following church.
It was so nice just having some time with her. We enjoyed a mini lemon bundt cake together. I had some soup and it was perfectly filling. We discussed the message together. I loved hearing how she felt the Lord also ministered to her about contentment, and she shared her heart with us on the subject. It was so wonderful!!!
The size of this cookie was crazy! HAHA!! The hubby didn't finish it but he said it was delish!!!
We relaxed a little after we got home and then I had to head out to a ladies dine out with some church ladies at a local pizza place. We had a nice, relaxed time. I got a mini tiny cheese pizza. It is called a Bambino pizza. It the size of a small dessert plate. It was perfect size and filling. I am still doing Weight Watchers and I was very happy with my results this week.
I have walked daily this past week from Monday to Sunday and attended 5 water exercise classes. I didn't walk super crazy speed, but I have for sure picked up my pace finally. I have been averaging about 7,000 to 11,000 steps a day between the class, daily walks, and evening strolls after supper, and daily life.
It was a nice evening to walk. It was tad cooler this evening. It was 85 degrees at 8:00 this evening. HAHA! I am for sure not experiencing some of the cooler weather I keep reading some of you have. It was a tad humid as well, but it was still nice. You have to get up WAY early or walk WAY later during August in our area.
I hope you all have a lovely week ahead. My plan today is to do a water class this morning, laundry, vacuum, and then I am going to have some "planning" time. Basically, I sit down and get everything out of my brain that I want to do or need to do. I always feel much better when I just sit down and put things on paper.
Hopefully, I will pop in on Wednesday. I am going to take August a little slower on my blog. I blogged daily "almost" all of June and July. I did miss some days, but they were few. I need a little time to get my footing on life after recovery from the surgery. :) I hope to pop in and visit all of you daily or often through the week but as far as posting I believe I will do Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and share my menu on Saturday. Of course, I may do more or less. :)
September is the daily photo challenge so I will be back to posting daily then.
Blessings,
Chrissy

















17 comments:
Contentment~ What a great thing to have a message on and to take to heart. I love that you got to have lunch and talk about it with your beautiful daughter!
It sounds like you had a lovely weekend! How wonderful to have some time with your daughter and go out to dinner with the church ladies.
It sounds like you are doing really well with the walking and exercise classes.
Looks like you are getting back into the (full) swing of things after your surgery. Glad you have recovered well. Congrats on all those steps. I would love to get in more (although I should be content with hitting my goal each day!) and double congrats on good progress with your weight watchers. There is definitely a topic where I need to focus on contentment:) Have a great week ahead. Blog as you are led..and we will look forward to posts whenever you put them out there!
Nice time with your daughter.
We have been so hot and humid but a nicer day today.
Cathy
This sounds like a lovely weekend. It was full but with wonderful things. I'm glad you are feeling better enough to enjoy them.
That sounds like a lovely weekend! We had a very hot, muggy weekend and week ahead of us as well. Our weather is just all over the place from one week to the next.
Sounds like you are doing quite well with your walking and exercise. I love that you can do water exercise. That is really beneficial. I would love to be able to do that. There's no place around here that provides that, however. I love that you have had some special time with your daughter and then also with your lady friends from church. It's all good therapy for the mind and soul. By all means take your time with blogging. I don't think many of us are able to keep up a daily pace of blogging all the time. I know I don't put myself on any schedule. I write when the spirit moves me, literally. I'm trying to be more consistent in reading other blogs, but that is also difficult to keep up with, especially when some do write every day. It's all about balance and keeping things in perspective as to priorities, etc. , and that has a lot to do with "contentment" as well. I'm stuggling a little with that right now myself in several levels, and need God's guidance to help me find that place of contentment and balance in my life. I tend to put more pressure on myself than necessary, and that's not healthy. So...we are always learning and growing no matter what stage of life we are in. God bless you my friend. You are an inspiration to so many.
It was such a lovely day and message!
Hello! I am sure trying to get back into some physical shape!
Thank you, Jennifer!
Same! It is scorching hot today!
Thank you, Jeanie!
I will have to say the heat and humidity is holding strong here. LOL!
Thank you, Pamela. I for sure pray about when to blog and when to take breaks. I do like blogging daily if I can because it helps me see how blessed I am and stirs up gratitude in me. I can't explain it. Even if its a small post or simple with quotes it is something that brings me joy for sure. For sure you are right that there has to be balance and priorities. We all at times put unnecessary pressure that the Lord never expects from us. I am thankful for His sweet spirit who guides.
Your post about Contentment rings true with me too. I have been not too content with our "new Normal" lately and am really praying
for acceptance and really listening to what the Lord is saying to me and for me.
Love all you are doing to reboot your life after surgery. It sounds like things are moving right along. Blog when you can and when you are inspired, It should be fun and not a Duty.
Love your words of wisdom.
Sue
Thank you, Sue. Being content in transitions and changing seasons of life is hard!!! I am a creature of habit and I really do not like sudden change so it is something I often have to work on. Oh, I am so glad that blogging is a joy.
Kudos to you one your exercise routine! You are an inspiration. How nice to have time with your daughter and to share such a meaningful message as contentment.
Post a Comment