Tuesday, July 28, 2026

My Favorite Color~ Blue

Hello everyone. Today's photo challenge is the color BLUE which so happens to be my favorite color. I wear a lot of dark and navy blue. I decorate with a lot of blue and white. I am always drawn to blue. ALWAYS. From bedding, shirts, decor, pillows, notebooks, and so on. I love blue. I will say I like more darker hues such as dark blue, navy, royal blue and just plain blue. I am not a huge fan of brighter hues. 

Here are my photos I took today of items around my home that show my love for blue. As you can tell by the pictures below that Blue and White are a combo I love. I actually have a navy shirt on today! My next favorite color is green and yes, the darker hues.









I use this last plate as a spoon rest for my cooking. It is beside my stovetop. 


I have shown this hand towel before, but I took a new picture of it today to debut again among my blue and white items I am sharing. 


Just a few more days to go with the daily photo challenge! We will do another one in September! :) 

Last night I made a Crockpot Ravioli Casserole as I am really trying to make simple meals that are yummy and filling. This was the first time I made it and it was a HIT! My family loved it. It will definitely go on my repeats. This would make a wonderful meal for a meal train for someone in need or for a Sunday lunch after church. I served with french bread. I skipped a veggie because I didn't feel super. Here is the recipe. 



Today I decided to catch up on some magazines I receive while waiting at the doctor's office. I only have a subscription to two magazines as of now. My mom gifted them to me for my birthday last year. Tea Time and Victoria. This was the Spring and Early Summer Tea Time.


They are revamping the Tea Time so I will not receive a July/August one sadly. I do enjoy when they come in the mail. I like to toss one in my purse when I head to the doctors or have waiting times somewhere. 

Speaking of teas, it has been so long since I had a tea experience. Sigh. I miss doing my Teatime Tuesday posts here. Maybe one day again. I missed our Jane Austen Tea at Martha Vick's Mansion this May because of my health. I am looking forward to planning my next TEA experience. Hmmmm.... maybe that will give me something to do.... I can start researching and planning for the fall. I usually go to the Celtic Tea at the end of September/October at our Celtic Festival. It is one of my favorites I go to yearly. 

I wish we had more tea rooms in our area. I may have to make a little "trip a roo" to one a little bit away to get a tea party fix. 

Do you like magazines? I think those aren't as popular as the use to be but I do think some still enjoy them. Sometimes it is nice just to hold something in your hand and look at all the pretty things and read neat little articles besides always reading things on a screen. I think I have asked this question before but I have new friends so I thought I would ask again. 

I hope you all have a great day! 

Chrissy T






30 comments:

HappyK said...

Nice to see the blue around your house. I have quite a bit of blue too. I don't know of any tea rooms around here. I don't get any magazines but I do look at them at the library once in a while.

Mari said...

I love blue and green too - both in my house and my clothes.
The recipe sounds very good!
I don't read magazines much anymore but I do ie them. They've gotten so expensive.

photowannabe said...

I adore all of your Blue things, especially that antique jardinare you showed. so lovely.
Thanks for the crockpot ravioli recipe. I am definitely going to use it.
I used to have a ton of magazine subscriptions but it was getting too costly and I never wanted to get rid of them. They were pushing us out of the house ...(:0)
Sue

Debbie said...

blue is a beautiful color and you shared it in some beautiful shades and images. i have made a similar recipe in a casserole dish in the oven...my husband and i loved it!!

Debbie said...

thanks for sharing the recipe...i pinned it!!

Julie said...

Your blue & white photos are just beautiful Chrissie - there is something so restful & soothing about that colour.
That hand towel of yours made my heart swoon ... how lovely it is. 💙 xx

Veronica Lee said...

I enjoyed seeing all your blue favorites today.
Darker hues really do bring such calmness, and your photos capture that beautifully.
The casserole sounds delicious😋

Kim Carberry said...

All the blue things are so pretty! I love the hand towel, it's very cute!
That Crockpot Ravioli Casserole looks good!
I can't remember I read a magazine, it must be years ago. They're not a big thing anymore which seems like a real shame.

Prims By The Water said...

Love your blue photos. My favorite colors are both red and blue. I also love this recipe and make it too. I have one magazine subscription and it is a primitive one. Unfortunately I believe magazines are going away as I use to subscribe to a few more that no longer exist. Janice

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I love all the blue items you have in your house. Blue is my favorite color as well, along with teal, which is a blue-green. I have those same Currier & Ives blue and white dishes, and a lot of blue accents in my home as well. I didn't focus on that in my "blue" post, but I may have to do a supplementary post. I love tea time also and would enjoy that magazine, but I don't really subscribe to magazines anymore. Someone gifted me a subscription to Country Living, and I do enjoy that one. My sister buys me a Tea Pots Calendar each year, with beautiful photos of tea pots and tea time in general. I would love to go to a "real" tea party place too. There is one about a half hour away from us, but I just haven't gotten around to going. I need to find some like minded tea drinkers to go with me. I seem to be in a minority here. Most ladies here do love sweet iced tea, but they drink more coffee than tea. So sad. They don't know what they are missing! LOL. I enjoyed your post and discussion of tea time and the "blues". We are "kindred spirits", I do believe!!!

Wendi said...

I'm a blue fan myself. I love the idea of a little plate for a spoon rest.

It seems that most of the magazines I subscribed to have stop publishing. Sad, as I don't think looking at a magazine on a tablet has the same feel.

Hope you're having a great week!

Kim said...

Blue is my daughter's favor color, I love it mixed with white. So classic...and I don't get any magazines anymore, but I miss them. There's nothing like flipping through one - the computer just doesn't match the charm.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Chrissy, thanks for sharing your blue items in the home. Blue and white are so pretty together, and I love that combination in the home as well. That hand towel is so cool. The ravioli casserole sounds delicious. Your magazines are right up my alley, and I've been wanting to get one for myself, but they are so expensive now. Your teatime posts sound delightful. There's nothing like a nice cup of tea in the afternoon. This was a wonderful post today, Chrissy.

Joanne said...

Blue is my favorite color too! I don't read many magazines anymore; I did buy some recently but found them to be so much thinner and a bit lacking compared to how they used to be.

Tara said...

Hi Chrissy,
Blue can be so calming and peaceful. I love that pillow in the first picture.
I too love love magazines. My Mom gifts me with Victoria every single year... it's been for as long as I can remember! I just ordered Country Living Magazine. It's a delight when it comes in the mail. So much more wonderful than scrolling for ideas online! I love to save my magazines. I have post its in all of them for things that have inspired me!
I hope you have a lovely day,
Tara

Acorn Hollow said...

I love blue too. I have a blue kitchen. I enjoy magazines I have a couple of subscriptions that just ran out.
Cathy

Chrissy T said...

I used to love looking at them at the library when my kids were young. I would take them to library time and sit and enjoy a magazine.

Chrissy T said...

Yes, they are costly. I am so thankful I get these as a gift subscription from my mom!

Chrissy T said...

Yes, I paired down to these two. My mom has always let me pick out a subscription over the years and she gets them for me as a gift.

Chrissy T said...

It is such a good dish!

Chrissy T said...

I love the hand towel so much. It is getting close to changing it out but I do not want to. This is my pretty hand towel mainly for decor.

Chrissy T said...

Yes, calmness is always what I seek. :) I think blue does that for me.

Chrissy T said...

Yes, they aren't really a thing much anymore but I do like clinging to old ways. :) I love technology so much too but I also love the old ways like holding a good book, writing an actual card or letter and reading a magazine.

Chrissy T said...

I think they will eventually make their way back. There are still some of us (although few) hanging on to them. I used to get a primitive one years ago when I decorated primitive fully.

Chrissy T said...

Hello my friend. If I was close or ever in the area, I would definitely go with you to the tearoom. I love cold infused teas too. I don't drink coffee much anymore since Covid. It messed my taste up and I loved it so much prior.

Chrissy T said...

I agree. A magazine on a tablet is a big no for me. lol

Chrissy T said...

You are so right. A computer does not!

Chrissy T said...

Thank you so much!!! I am glad you liked it.

Chrissy T said...

Awesome!!! What ones do you like

Stacy said...

My favorite colors are green and blue as well! In the same order lol, most of my home decor is blue and my bedroom/bathroom are green, and yes, a dark sage green! I used to love purple and pink, so maybe green and blue are my grown up favorite colors!
And I also love magazines! I remember way before pinterest I loved looking at Better Homes and Gardens and dreaming up my future home, so I still subscribe to that and to Southern Living. I think its important to keep print alive!
My son also subscribes to Birds and Bloom lol, so I love that one as well! And I'm glad my kiddos still appreciate magazines!

Weekend Recap- Seasons of Late Nights

 Happy Sunday!!!  This season is so unique. I am watching my children become young adults and use their talents and skills. My daughter star...