Thursday, July 23, 2026

Mississippi Pot Roast ~ An Ordinary Not So Ordinary Moment Photo Challenge~ Christmas in July

Hello my friends. Today's daily photo challenge theme is AN ORDINARY MOMENT. 

I am sharing an ordinary moment of me getting our dinner (supper) going early this morning. I have been using my crockpot this week a lot!! It has been super helpful during recovery and due to the HEAT advisory we have going on. 



Mississippi Pot Roast, rice, green beans and cornbread is on the menu tonight. I love Mississippi Pot Roast not just because I live in Mississippi but because it is MELT IN YOUR MOUTH amazing. I have been cooking this for years. Here is a recipe link if you would like to try it. 

It was just an ORDINARY MOMENT in my kitchen preparing a meal for our family. What made it not so ordinary is the fact that I decided to help future self and go ahead and cook two roasts at once and freeze the other cooked and ready for a future meal. I buy our roast in bulk at Costco because they are the best cut of roast in our area for the price. I can get two nice roasts (one is a tad smaller) for the price of ONE roast at Walmart or Kroger. I made the bigger one for tonight and then fixed up the smaller one in a different crockpot to shred after cooking. I will make roast beef dip sandwiches next week. 


So, one crock pot has Mississippi Pot Roast going and the other has similar ingredients, but I omitted the ranch packet, added a Lipton onion pack and used sliced banana peppers besides pepperoncini which is what the other roast has.



Future Chrissy will be so happy for this prepared roast next week!!!


Speaking of July.... I went and visited the library yesterday!!! Second outing this week!!! Woohoo!! I am getting out and about a little folks. HAH! I parked really close to the door, but I promise the closer I got to the door the further it seemed to be. I also forgot how heavy the library doors are and it actually hurt one of my incisions when I pulled on it. ALL IS WELL though! It was just a good eye opener to take things slow and be more mindful.


I decided to do something I have never done! I normally don't participate or think about anything related to Christmas in July! But I have been hearing and reading a lot of people doing things related to it. Yes, I know the true meaning is all about Jesus! Praise the Lord! I am thankful for Him. I also think it is a little fun to maybe it is a fun way to not think so much about this HOT SCORCHING month. So, I decided to get a short Christmas read from one of my favorite authors. If I like it, who knows, I may start a tradition of reading a Christmas book in July. 



This week I made some more thank you cards to those that have brought me some goodies recently. I have really enjoyed hand coloring them and making the wax seals for the envelopes. 

Speaking of Christmas my Merry Christmas wax seal stamp came this week. YAY! I order mine in July because the company I use always does a Wax Seal Christmas workshop and sales in July. If you are interested in the company I use and classes I take on occasion, check out B Goods Lettering. I am not an affiliate or anything like that. I just like her products and workshops. Some are free on YouTube if you check out her channel. She also does hand lettering workshops as well as sells items for that.



The yellow wax sticks are for my summer sunflower stamp that I use this time of year. These are for the glue gun method. 



I have been still walking and getting my steps in slowly but surely. I may end up resorting to the gym's indoor walking track once I am released completely to keep cooler soon. Next week our highs are predicted to be 105, 113, 102 for three days. So, I do not think I will be able to walk in that or at least not the noon time walk.



I aim for 8,000 to 10,000 when my health is prime but right now my goal is 4,000 a day. I kind of went over one day! I felt it the next day!



I made these delicious oven baked taco's this past Tuesday. This picture was before I put them in the oven to bake. My family loves the hard shells baked like this or soft tacos. Next Tuesday, I am trying a new recipe I saw on She's in Her Apron YouTube channel. It is a Queso Chicken Rice Bake. It looks frugal, cheap and easy. The video is below and the recipe is at some point in the video. The video shared a lot of good storage tips for produce as well.




I hope you all have a good rest of your day! I am off to read while I am smelling that delicious roast cook away!!

With Love, 

Chrissy T



4 comments:

Mari said...

I love Mississippi Pot Roast. It is so tender and good.
The baked tacos look good too. Makes me think I need to put them on my menu again!

Kim said...

I don't usually use my crock pot in summer and I really should. Thanks for the reminder to take it out and put it to good use. I'm also trying to get more steps in. You go!! I don't have great lungs, so 10k is a goal for me, but I'm really closer to 4k.

Joanne said...

I often cook 2 roasts at once too just so we'll have leftovers for another meal. I have a favorite roast beef pot pie I make with the leftovers in winter and we use them for sandwiches in the summer.

Prims By The Water said...

I love pot roast and have made the Mississippi one many times. I also use 2 slow cookers at times. Tomorrow in fact one will have ribs in it while the other baked beans. Janice

Weekend Recap- Seasons of Late Nights

 Happy Sunday!!!  This season is so unique. I am watching my children become young adults and use their talents and skills. My daughter star...