Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Hot Walks & Getting Movement

Hello friends. I have been enjoying longer walks although it is HOT! I am doing my best to keep up with them. 

I want to share my new water shoes!  I love my water shoes! They are so comfortable and look like tennis shoes. I had been using my hiking water sandals and while they work fine, they are heavy after a period of time in class. Since I have been going to class regularly for about two weeks I invested in some water shoes. I can also use for other things such as our cruise in November. We are doing some water tubing and activities and these will be great for that.


Here are my shoes. I am snapping a picture in the gym locker class before swim class.





They have cancelled water classes on Tuesday & Thursday for now starting this week. So, I have decided to go Mon, Wed, and Friday to class after my 30 minute morning walk. It feels so good to get in the pool because it is soooo incredibly hot after my walks. Tuesday and Thursday I am doing an hour walk in the morning and my evening 10-15 minute "after supper" walk. The classes are 45 minutes long. I have really been enjoying them. They are pretty nice to do at this time as I get back into exercise and movement. 

My walk today was HOT!!!!!!!!!!! I started at a park and walked 2 miles and then headed to the library nature trail to get the whole hour in because the trail shaded and I needed shade! I think I may just walk at the trail during this time.




At the start of the walk......






Halfway through..... HOT and SWEATY!






I am still thinking on the message from Sunday on Contentment. 








Currently I am reading these two books. I am really enjoying them.






I so appreciate you all visiting this little spot!!! 

27 comments:

  1. I am amazed at the amount and length of walking you are already able to do! That is outstanding...and truly a blessing from God! And I can imagine that swimming pool time really feels so good after that hot walking! Wow! I am happy for you to have that available. I have long dreamed of being able to do water therapy for arthritis pain, etc., but I don't have anyplace where I can do that here. I just know it would be so beneficial and feel so good. Oh, that book about wooden spoons and recipes looks interesting. Is it an actual story, or a recipe book? I guess I could look it up and find out. Somehow it just appeals to me...I love the cover picture.
    Anyway, I am happy for you to be getting out and about and to see that God is truly healing you! Praise God! Have a blessed and beautiful week...just try not to get TOO hot! We are under a heat advisory again today with high heat indexes and high humidity. It makes going outside for any length of time brutal. So I probably won't. LOL. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pamela! The book is part of the Grace Chapel Inn series that are fictional books. I love the series. Wholesome, clean and really sweet.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you are taking much longer walks now. I know it is good for your soul. Your water shoes are really spiffy. Perfect for your cruise. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Janice! Yes, walking really does a world of good for me.

      Delete
  3. That is great you are walking for longer but be careful in that heat! Those water shoes look fab and the water classes sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! Yes, It is so hot! I am making sure to listen to my body for sure.

      Delete
  4. Your new water shoes are cute. Yes, they look like tennis shoes! They will be nice for your upcoming cruise. It's great that you are going on walks twice a week. I hope the weather gets a bit cooler for you. It looks like a peaceful trail. I love the quote, "connecting the dots." It's so true. God's plan is always perfect. The books you are reading sound delightful. The photo of you is cute. You have a sweet smile, by the way. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shoes are cute!
    You've been doing well at getting all the exercise in. I know I've been very hot on my walks too and the pool would feel good after that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shoes, they're cute and look super comfy! It's been super hot here, too. The humidity has been brutal...so like you, we've been enjoying the pool every day, especially after our walks. Thanks for sharing your books, off to peek at them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm really impressed with the walks you are doing. Its so good for you. How wonderful to have a pool close by that you can do the water exercises in. I know it will feel delightful after the Hot walks.
    I'm still thinking about your thoughts on contentment and I especially like the thoughts on God connecting the dots.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those watershoes are cute; they sure have come a long way since the last time I tried to buy watershoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some time in the pool sounds great after a hot walk. The weather for my morning walks are still in the 60's!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your scenery photos are so lovely Chrissie. I had not heard of water shoes before but they look so nice & comfy. Take care Chrissie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are super cute water shoes. I'm glad your sessions have been going well. It's hot. I like hot -- but not for walking far!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kudos to you for getting all that exercise in and not using the heat as an excuse (oh, maybe that's me!) What exactly is a water class?? Like deep water aerobics...maybe?? You are inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chrissy, those books look amazing. I'm going to look into them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new water shoes look really comfy, and I can imagine how wonderful the pool feels after a hot walk! I am blessed here to walk mostly in very cool to cold temps, lol! I walk early in the morning when it is still 40-50 degrees, in the summer! So exciting that you are going to aerobic pool classes too! So fun! Your cruise coming up sounds wonderful too. Love the books you are reading too, great choices! Is one of them a Guideposts book? I think I recognize it. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoy Jennifer L. Scott's books. I've read several of hers, but not that specific title.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are doing so great, and I love your water shoes.
    I also really like your quote about waking up one day and realizing God has been connecting the dots all along, which I'm about to share with a friend.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your new shoes! I have water sandals and they are fine but I think I'd like these better. I'm glad your walks have been longer. One day at a time brings on more good days!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I can almost feel the heat from your pictures! 😄 That shaded nature trail sounds like a much better plan for these hot days.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's so lovely to see you doing to so well my Friend! You have been a dynamo. Your water shoes are really cute. I used to do water aerobics and loved it! May need to get back to that one day. Blessings on your week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such cute water shoes! It's amazing you are out and walking in the heat. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Look at you! You've gotten so active so fast after your surgery ! I'm so glad you're recovered! The water classes sound amazing! I would love that, I've always enjoyed the water! I also really like those shoes! Super cute! I'm glad you're back out walking again, I seriously need to be more active!

    ReplyDelete